Lupente by John Fleskes
Paperback – Flesk Pubns – Nov 2022 – 175 pages
Lupente showcases five outstanding contemporary artists in an elegant and absorbing package. This volume—the first in our ongoing Flesk Artist Showcase series—features:
- Julia Blattman, a premier visual-development artist working in the animation industry;
- Stephanie Law, a fine artist who pulls from dreams and reality to illuminate the boundary between those two worlds;
- Karla Ortiz, a concept and fine artist who is renowned for her personal works and her designs for film;
- Virginie Ropars, one of the most-revered doll-makers today and an inspiration to sculptors around the world;
- and Erica Williams, also known as“HookieDuke,” who has gained acclaim by mastering a unique, highly intricatestyle of lines and designs that centers on Nature as its inspiration.
Examples of the most highly regarded works by the five are accompanied by biographical essays, interviews, quotes and captions that revealing insights into their creative processes. In addition, Flesk’s personal access to each artist has resulted in an insightful and engaging introduction to these talented creators, among the best working today.