Rise of the Superheroes: Greatest Silver Age Comic Books and Characters by David W. Tosh
Hardcover – Krause Publications – Apr 2018 – 176 pages
Rise of the Superheroes–Greatest Silver Age Comic Books and Characters is a visual and entertaining adventure exploring one of the most popular and significant eras of comic book history. From 1956 to 1970, the era gave us Spider-Man, The Avengers, X-Men, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man and a flurry of other unforgettable and formidable characters.
The Silver Age redefined and immortalized superheroes as the massive pop culture titans they are today.
Lavishly illustrated with comic book covers and original art, the book chronicles:
- The new frontier of DC Comics, with a revamped Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, and new characters including Hawkman
- Marvel’s new comics featuring Thor and The Fantastic Four
- The pop art years that saw Batman’s “new look” and the TV series
- Independent characters, including Fat Fury and T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents
- Spotlights new and re-imagined superheroes, like Wonder Woman, who have become central to modern pop culture
- Includes values of these comics, which are popular with collectors