The Tindalos Cycle edited by Robert M. Price
Tradepaperback – Hippocampus Press – May2010 – 362 pages
Frank Belknap Long first alerted the world to the those infamous other-dimensional entities, The Hounds of Tindalos. In so doing he mined a rich vein of macabre antecedents, whose devisers included Robert W. Chambers, Ambrose Bierce and others. Since Belknap’s time, others have distilled and perpetuated his prophetic vision, perhaps unwisely affording the Hounds ongoing ingress to our dimension, as a mainstay of the Mythos.
Now, the steady hand of editor Robert M. Price gathers all the relevant Tindalos writings in one mind-blasting tome, tracing the Hounds’ lineage from the dawn of the weird tale through their first explicit revelation, to the modern day with its full flowering. Prepare for… The Tindalos Cycle.
- Introduction: Chock Full o’ Mutts
- The Maker of Moons, Robert W. Chambers
- The Death of Halpin Frayser, Ambrose Bierce
- The Space-Eaters, Frank Belknap Long
- he Hounds of Tindalos, Frank Belknap Long
- The Letters of Halpin Chalmers, Peter Cannon
- The Death of Halpin Chalmers, Perry M. Grayson
- The Madness out of Time, Lin Carter
- The Hound of the Partridgevilles, Peter Cannon
- Through Outrageous Angles, David C. Kopaska-Merkel and Ronald McDowell
- Firebrands of Torment, Michael Cisco
- The20Shore of Madness, Ann K. Schwader
- Gateway To Forever, Frank Belknap Long
- The Gift of Lycanthropy, Frank Belknap Long
- The War Among the Gods, Adrian Cole
- The Ways of Chaos, Ramsey Campbell
- Juggernaut, C. J. Henderson
- Scarlet Obeisance, Joseph S. Pulver, Sr.
- The Horror from the Hills, Frank Belknap Long
- Pompelo’s Doom, Ann K. Schwader
- Confession of the White Acolyte, Ann K. Schwader
- When Chaugnar Wakes, Frank Belknap Long
- The Elephant God of Leng, Robert M. Price
- Death Is an Elephant, Robert Bloch
- The Dweller in the Pot (OR, THE PASTA OUT OF SPACE EATERS) By Frank Chimesleep Short, Robert M. Price
- But It’s A Long Dark Road, Joseph S. Pulver, Sr.
- Nyarlatophis, A Fable of Ancient Egypt, Stanley C. Sargent
- Mind-Pilot, William Laughlin