The Wild Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Will Murray
Trade Paperback – Altus Press – Jun 2020 – 281 pages
Ten traditional tales of Victorian London’s greatest consulting detective, Sherlock Holmes, as he investigates some of his most baffling mysteries.
* Is a blue-skinned dinosaur tearing up the Essex countryside? “The Wild Adventure of the Indigo Impossibility” provides the astonishing answer.
* Holmes and Watson plunge into the darkest dens of Limehouse in search of “The Mystery of the Elusive Li Shen.” Is he man, myth, or monster?
* What is the secret of the uncatchable Thames footpad chronicled in “The Adventure of Old Black Duffel?”
* A famous American soldier of fortune asks Sherlock Holmes to locate a Russian adventuress long believed dead in “The Adventure of the Nebulous Nihilist.”
* Did fairies lure a young Manchester boy to his doom? “The Misadventure of the Bonny Boy” tells the chilling tale.
* A wealthy art collector challenges Sherlock Holmes with an unsolvable riddle. Or is it a riddle? What is “The Enigma of Neptune’s Quandary?”
* Is a dead man haunting his office–or might an even stranger explanation exist for why his frightened face is imprinted on a windowpane? “The Adventure of the Glassy Ghost” reveals all.
* A fiendish murderer strikes down victim after victim in “The Problem of the Bruised Tongues.” The only clue: the discolored tips of their tongues.
* “The Adventure of the Throne of Gilt.” What could it be, and why should Dr. John Watson fear it so?
* A revengeful enemy plots a gruesome end for Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson in “The Unsettling Matter of the Graveyard Ghoul.”