The Best of Bare Bones edited by Peter Enfantino and John Scoleri
Trade Paperback – Cimarron Street Books – Feb 2020 – 239 pages
Born from the ashes of The Scream Factory, bare•bones (1997-2001) unearthed some of the best vintage and forgotten paperbacks, films, pulp fiction, television, and video. Edited by Peter Enfantino and John Scoleri, bare•bones — the best of — collects many of the best articles from the magazine’s original run, including:
- Overviews of fiction series including: George Chesbro’s Mongo, Robert Lory’s Dracula, Richard Stark’s Parker, John Sanford’s Prey novels, Karl Edward Wagner’s Kane, and the Black novels of Cornell Woolrich!
- Retrospectives on filmmakers Edward L. Cahn and Jerry Warren!
- An overview of the Blind Dead films!
- Ann-Margret movie tie-ins!
- Annotated Indexes to Saturn Science Fiction and Web Detective Stories pulps!
- A detailed overview of the Dark Shadows novels of Dan (Marilyn) Ross!
- Commentary on Trevanian and Top Ten lists by David J. Schow!
- A look back at the Trilogy of Terror Zuni!
- Interviews with Bill Crider, Richard Prather, Robert Serling and Bay Area Creature Features horror host Bob Wilkins!